iPad iPad Mini Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dextr3k, May 3, 2013.

1. dextr3k macrumors 6502

Hi Guys,

I just picked up an iPad Mini for my wife. To my surprise it was still on 6.1.2 :rolleyes:. So as soon as I got home, I jailbroke it.

Now...the only thing I have installed is NCsettings....

I am not interested in XMBC as my wife is upset about all the dead links, I have it installed on my iPad4, so the mini does not need it. It has AirVideo installed, so I can stream things from my computer (good thing I didn't have to purchase it again, go shared accounts?).

I am not interested in pirating software, as I find apps are more affordable than my coffee habit. Nor does she need to theme anything, she likes the simplicity of the default theme/icons.

She is using it now for ibooks, magazines, streaming from my server to watch shows, watching things online, and playing games....

I will jailbreak it just to use NCsettings, because I love it, but what else can I do with it?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

There's not much in terms of jailbreak tweaks for iPads. I only have a tweak that lets me put more stuff in my dock. Having more icons in my home screen was nice, but then it was kinda screwy whenever I rotated it.

3. dextr3k thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah,

I only have xmbc, ncsettings, flux and retinapad, but nothing else really tweaked my interests....

So much available for iphone 5, but not much for ipad...:(

4. linkboy macrumors member

linkboy

Honestly, the only reason I jailbroke my mini was to install BrowserChanger to set Chrome up as the default browser (I despise Safari).

My phone is where I put most of my focus in regards to jailbreaking.

5. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Not sure about NCSettings, but SBSettings, and the ability to use Activator to use one tap on the status bar to bring up the App Switcher is the NUMBER one reason for me ot JB.

I have Activator set for lots of things.

Touch status bar = switcher
    Wipe right = SBsettings, to get to various toggles, including brightness
    Wipe left = system settings
    Right corner down = sleep
    Hold on status bar = switches to App Shopper

I also have Tap to Open installed...#2 reason for JB!!!

ANother is nolock screen, which I have as a toggle in SBSettings for when I am turning the thing on and off a bunch.

6. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

My mini has:

Springtomize
    Iconoclasm
    Folder enchancer
    Adblocker
    Ncsettings
    Activator
    Bolt

I had a winterboard theme but have since uninstalled it since I was having some random safe mode reboots.

Did you know if you swipe up with 4 fingers it will pull up the switcher? And 4 fingers left to right to switch apps?

7. Kaiser99 macrumors member

Swipeselection - for typing with ease

Swipeback - so you don't have to keep tapping the back button in safari etc

Pull to refresh - again pull down in safari to refresh current page, works really well with Swipeback

Weecloseapps - for closing running apps in the background when to much is running, looks really good as an underline for ncssettings and you can setup what happens when you swipe the bar to the left or right, close all background apps close current app

Badge customiser - change the colour of you badges from red and white to anything you want

iPhone apps for ipad - so you can get weather and stocks which can also be used to activate the NC widgets, this is only good if you have a 3G connection or it will hang up

Emphasize/accentify - give your headers a touch of colour

8. pault106 macrumors member

The only reason I jailbroke my iPad was for Movie Box(got tired of XBMC and all it's dead links!). I leave all the theming and other bits for my iPhone.

9. dextr3k thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm thanks for the suggestions guys. I hadn't really thought about it but I do do a lot of Internet surfing so the enhances could come in handy.

Other than that I am not sure of many things to do. How is movie box?

10. pault106 macrumors member

Brilliant, only found out about it a few months ago but once you've used it you'll wonder why you ever bothered with xbmc!

11. dextr3k thread starter macrumors 6502

12. djstile macrumors regular

Definitely RetinaPad. Let's you maximize iPhone apps to have iPad sized resolution. No clue why Apple wouldn't do this automatically to be honest!

13. lokerd, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013

lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

OMG!!! Wow!!! Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

EDIT...just tried it on my iPhone. :-(

14. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

This only works for iPad/iPad mini.

He posted in an iPad mini jailbreak thread.

15. dextr3k thread starter macrumors 6502

ay, I believe ipads are the only ones with multifinger gestures? my wife would try to beat me in fruitninja versus mode, and she would use all 4 fingers and it would swipe us out of the app....:eek: