iPad Ipad mini & Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HiDEF, Jun 11, 2013.

1. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I purchased an iPad mini (for the gf) and an iPad 4 for myself. But I'm still on the fence whether I want to spend the extra money on the 4 or should I just stick to a mini and call it a day.

My question is: How does jailbreak affect the mini? Do any of you notice lag because of the 512mb of ram? Retina really doesn't seem like a deal beaker but it is nice.

Looking forward to everyone's input.

2. HiDEF thread starter macrumors 68000

HiDEF

3. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

just jailbreak it and if you don't like it restore. Can't get any simpler than that lol

4. HiDEF thread starter macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I would but I personally don't have the mini, the GF does and its hands off when it comes to Jailbreaking.

Thanx anyways lol

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

well I don't understand what you're asking. You say you have the 4 yet you're implying you are gonna buy a mini lol

6. HiDEF thread starter macrumors 68000

HiDEF

The 4 is well under its 15 days return period so I was just wondering how the iPad mini runs jailbroken. If feedback was positive, I was going to just return the 4 and settle with the mini.

Do you have the mini jailbroken? If so, feedback would be appreciated. thanx

7. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kfy2ZG6Ns
    I'll help you out

8. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

My Jailbroken Mini hovers around 30-60 MBs Free on Memory without any lag issues. It is actually pretty stable. If you do jailbreak your Mini, dont expect a huge amount of tweak/theme support due to Retina becoming the only thing. Im not saying there aren't tweaks out there, its just that there are much fewer than what is on the phone. Like tymaster said, jailbreak it and see if you like it. If not, restore and go back to a stock OS. Also, iOS 6.1.3 has been out for awhile so your chances of getting an iPad Mini with 6.0-6.1.2 are very slim. Good Luck.

9. HiDEF thread starter macrumors 68000

HiDEF

You're absolutely right! Thank you anyways for your input.

tymaster- thanks for the vid!

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Jailbroke my own mini yesterday, no detectable lag in spite of theming and loading up all the usual tweaks. No stability issues either.

As for getting one on 6.1.2 or lower, it just depends on where you get it. A couple of days back, someone said the one they ordered last week direct from Apple had 6.1.3, someone who went into an Apple store around the same time had 6.1. So some are still out there, but it's luck of the draw. What iOS did the GF's unit come with? If hers is JB'able, can you swap if you get one that isn't?

(biteSMS' quick reply/quick compose on the mini for use with iMessage is awesome. I should have done this sooner.)

As for comparing the iPad 4 versus the mini, I had the original iPad for several years and thought I'd really miss the bigger screen for writing and photo editing. I don't--for me, the easy portability of the smaller form factor outweighs any appeal the larger screen had. But my husband likes the full size iPad over the mini; personal preference, I guess. Having the extra money versus getting the full size this time around was nice too.