All iPads iPad mini mass production

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yannoulecomte, Sep 8, 2013.

1. yannoulecomte macrumors newbie

I was just wondering, when did the iPad mini first generation enter mass production? Because i saw somewhere where it said that it started the 3 october 2012 for a early november release, therefore if the iPad 5 already started now, maybe we'll see it release in early october? and it actually macthes the predicted date of a Q4 release which starts october 1. So when did iPad mini 1 hit mass production? :confused:

2. tmarks11 macrumors 6502

Look in the "BUYERS GUIDE" tab above. It has a section dedicated to the Ipad Mini.

Ipad Mini was announced on 23 Oct 2012 (Tues), and available for purchase in-store on 2 November (Fri).

I suspect this sequence will be followed this year. Announcement the third Tuesday in October (22 Oct), available Friday of the next week (31 October). If you pre-order it as soon as the online-store opens up, it is always possible you will get delivery a day early if you are lucky.

Cross your fingers: A7 CPU!!! That is all I want. Retina screen can wait for next year.

3. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Lol I cannot believe that you'd want an A7 chip over a retina display :D I haven't owned a MINI before but do you get lag with the A5? The A5 to me is ancient but I'm wondering if it's that bad in real-life situations. I need the retina though, that's my reason for waiting. Plus I'm not risking 1/2GB ram with iOS 7