iPad Mini Music Question

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AppleRobert, Nov 15, 2012.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am new to apple ecosystem and therefore ITunes. I got the music on my PC to iTunes after the latter did a conversion to the proper file type. Connected mini to the PCM via USB and now have it there as well.

Now comes iCloud. How do I get the music there from my mini? Any will I need a wifi connection to listen to what I have if it is moved into the iCloud?

Thanks for your help.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You can't just move music to iCloud. You need to signup for iTunes Match at 24.99 a year from within iTunes. Then iTM will scan your library and give you access to all of those songs on all of your Apple devices, well expect iPod shuffles and the like.

Yes, you will need a connection to listen to your music, but you can download albums to your device before going out somewhere if you think you may not have a connection. I personally have my top 10 or so albums downloaded to my iPhone and iPad since those are the ones that get played the most often.