iPad mini now or later?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by InsaneZane, Aug 4, 2013.

  1. InsaneZane macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    #1
    Hey guys,

    Just wondering what the input is on whether I should get an ipad mini now or be patient and wait for the next generation.
    I've heard rumors that the next generation mini will come out oct./nov. of this year but also that it could be as far away as next march.
    Will it be worth the wait? At this point, am I impulsive if I get the current ipad mini running on ipad 2 specs and almost a year old?
    I'm assuming that the new mini will be the same price as the original, but do any of you think it will be more expensive?

    Thanks in advance for the feedback! :)
     
  2. TyPod macrumors 68000

    TyPod

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2006
    Location:
    And Yourself?
    #2
    There are a lot of posts on this topic, but personally I'm not about the waiting game. If you really need the added performance from the update then I would wait, but the current iPad Mini is sick and I know you would love it.
     
  3. SusanK macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2012
    #3
    Wish I waited

    I should have waited. Got impatient.
     
  4. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

    Four oF NINE

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2011
    Location:
    Hell's Kitchen
    #4
    I'm waiting for the next iPad Mini with retina display :cool:
     
  5. driceman macrumors 6502

    driceman

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2012
    #5
    Do you already have an iPad? If you NEED one, get one. If you're looking at upgrading, I'd hold off-I have an iPad 2 and I like the Mini's form factor but don't see much point in updating to a device that has the same processor and screen resolution as my current device. Just my two cents. :eek:
     
  6. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

    sonicrobby

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2013
    Location:
    New Orleans
    #6
    Wait for the next one, at least until the October event. If its not announced then, may as well just get it. But some people have high hopes that it will be announced at the September iPhone event. At the very least wait until that one passes just to be sure.
     
  7. SeenJeen macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2009
    #7
    I'd wait. The Mini isn't slow but the A5 processor was originally released with the iPad 2 back in early 2011 (it's obsolete).

    With rumors of the Mini coming out with the retina display this fall, it's really hard to recommend one now.

    If you can't wait, buy one second hand... you'll get them usually $50-$100 cheaper than in stores from Craigslist or Kijiji... and they all still have warranty, too.
     
  8. jadAce macrumors regular

    jadAce

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2013
    #8
    I would also vote for waiting. It might be the same price, or even cost less (looking at the MacBook Air 2013, which although unrelated to iPad Mini, offered 128 GB SSD as a base configuration for $999 when the 2012 MacBook Air cost $999 for 64 GB SSD).

    IMHO, the key advantages are, if you hold on now, you would probably get a great Retina display, + possibly a better processor.
     
  9. InsaneZane thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    #9
    Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'll wait and see what the new ipads look like :)
     

Share This Page