iPad Mini NOW PLAUSIBLE

Bushy162

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
I always thought just having a scaled down version of the iPad would look rubbish, and I was right. It would.

However, having seen the exquisite design mockup - it looks b****y gorgeous - I think an iPad Mini IS PLAUSIBLE. And would be bleedin awsome!

It all about the SIDE BEZELS!

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
It's only a mock-up... Maybe you should reserve your judgement till the actual product is released OP ;)

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Yes it's only a mock-up, but if it's an accurate depiction of an actual product to be released this autumn, I'm going to have a very happy Christmas.

(courtesy of my Apple stock)

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2003
I always thought just having a scaled down version of the iPad would look rubbish, and I was right. It would.

However, having seen the exquisite design mockup - it looks b****y gorgeous - I think an iPad Mini IS PLAUSIBLE. And would be bleedin awsome!

Title should really read: "I Finally Realized iPad Mini has ALWAYS BEEN PLAUSiBLE" :p

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Title should really read: "I Finally Realized iPad Mini has ALWAYS BEEN PLAUSiBLE" :p
Or reality distortion field finally waning? Steve Jobs used to say he hated many things in public a year before Apple started selling them. It was just a matter of convincing people that whatever they were going to do at the time was the right thing.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
It didn't need fixing, the way he phrased it was correct.
His comment implied that such a device will arrive. My correction was intended to show that such a device may never arrive.

In fairness, it was difficult to correct using correct grammer, but hey.

The subtleties of the English language.

Kblakeshot

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2008
Indiana

In the next 3 weeks we will be hearing multiple quotes like this. For the masses of people that were on the "An iPad Mini would be stupid and pointless" kick 2 months ago. All of a sudden since Apple can do no wrong in some people's eyes and seeing its DEFINITELY gonna happen we are gonna be hearing a lot of.... "Well I guess it is gorgeous since Apple said so and is releasing it. Matter of fact, ill stand in line overnight for one!"

I wish I had half the "magic" Apple does to make people follow my every move and love ANYTHING I do...

By the way, Ive said since the Kindle Fire was announced we would shortly see an iPad Mini & I've always been on the hope it comes out bandwagon although it may seem like I don't want it to come out with my remarks.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Check put the google nexus 7. Its what the ipad mini will be much like. I have an ipad3 and the n7 (16gb for $250) does everything the ipad does. Every app i have on my ipad has a duplicate. 7" is really the way to go.