iPad mini on iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MacVault, Sep 18, 2014.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Anyone know how iPad mini 1st gen / 2nd gen performs after upgrading to iOS 8?

2. threelions macrumors regular

I have the first gen and it's working decently, far better than IOS7 did originally.

3. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

1st generation iPad Mini on iOS 8, running a bit better than iOS 7 upon release (release to 7.0.6) but not as smooth as iOS 7.1+.

4. Ballis macrumors 6502a

5. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

6. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

Updated (after much hesitation) my first gen 32GB wifi iPad Mini to iOS 8 and everything seems to be fine. Just as smooth as 7.1.2. Reduce motion + transperancy off are activated.

Gonna get whatever new iPad they announce in October because this thing chokes when it comes to playing games :/

7. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

I noticed keyboard lag but it seemed to ease up after a reboot and a couple hours of use. If someone is super concerned about these issues, just wait for the 8.0.x that will (hopefully) sort out the little things.

8. Caged macrumors newbie

Same here. I use my rMini as my daily until I get the funds for a rMBP and iOS 8 is just fine. Little rough around edges on some features (Handoff seems really clumsy to me and the Spotlight changes seem rather lame) but I am loving the new changes to safari and the quick reply is literally the best thing whilst I'm doing stuff and dont want to jumop around.
    Safari crashes have been tamed (not gone though).

9. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Yeah most initial lag is caused by Spotlight indexing things, if I recall correctly.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It works ok, but there is a bit of lag. I'm still pretty happy with my 1st gen iPad mini regardless.

11. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I have it on the iPad Mini. I do find that scrolling on Google+, Facebook and Pulse is choppier than before. It seems to have fixed an issue I had with trying to post on Google+. I had some issue with viewing comments on Facebook before, but I haven't verified if anything has changed yet. There is no gesture typing available on the stock iOS keyboard. SwiftKey doesn't have this feature on the iPad Mini either.

12. Cactii macrumors member

Just installed and haven't seen any issues yet. Need a bit more exploring.

13. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

Checked my iPad Mini again tonight. It seemed smoother than before. Not as choppy. I haven't found any issues other than gesture typing not being available, but I hear that was not rolled out to the iPads.