iPad mini only has sound through headphones

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Aliencowboy69, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Aliencowboy69 macrumors member

I have an iPad mini that only has sound when earphones are connected. There is no sound when playing music or games, when receiving a message or face time, unless I have headphones plugged in. When pressing the volume buttons on the side it doesn't show the Volume message, but instead it shows a Headphones message.

I tried going into sound settings and adjusting volumes etc, and I get sound through the speaker when I change the ringtone or the ringtone volume, however I get no sound when changing text tone, mail tone etc

I tried plugging and unplugging the headphones in a hope that maybe it would clear something that might be stuck in the headphone port, but to no avail

I tried manually clearing out the headphone port, but the port was already clean before I tried and nothing changed…still in the same situation.

I then tried doing a soft reset with home & power buttons, but that didn't work either.

I then tried the last option I could think of... RESET everything right back to new but still same problem and I'm stumped, so if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated

2. Aliencowboy69 thread starter macrumors member

Well I don't know what the hell happened but I spent around 2 hours yesterday trying to fix the sound problem and got nowhere, went to bed last night and it was all I could think about. I got up this morning to have another go at fixing the problem and it has only decided to fix itself!!

Now have sound back, but just wonder for how long!:)