All iPads iPad Mini or iPad with Retina?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pmontanarella, Jun 28, 2013.

1. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new iPad and I'm really undecided between the iPad Mini and the iPad with Retina display. I know there are many other threads like this around but I haven't been able to find one that outlines my needs. I am also aware the new iPads are coming in October but this would be a birthday present and I don't really feel I need the newest iPad right now, for my needs. I will be using the iPad mostly for:
    Reading (concerned about the non-Retina Mini)
    Games like Fifa 13, racing games and other graphic intensive games (concerned about the Mini not being powerful enough)
    Browsing on the couch/in bed
    Light email
    Use in school (however I will also have my MacBook Pro)

Price is not an issue and what I'm concerned most about is the low quality screen and the lower quality processor.

I'd love to know your thoughts on what you think I should get.

Thanks a lot,
    Pietro

If you need more info on my needs for the iPad let me know below

2. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

The iPad 4 definitely sounds like it will suit your needs better. If you're worried about the display and processor, I would definitely plan on getting the 4. With money not an issue it seems like a no brainer to me.

3. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I didn't see any mention of wanting a smaller form factor, and if you're wary of the lesser specs, and if price is not an issue...all signs clearly point to iPad 4.

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

If you plan on doing a lot of reading on your iPad I would recommend getting the iPad 4 for the retina display. While I love the form factor of my Mini, I do miss having a retina display when I'm doing a lot of web browsing and reading.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Do you wanna carry around a brick or a tablet that weighs slightly more than the box lol