iPad mini pictures?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bojobap, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Bojobap macrumors newbie

I was looking for a ipad 3 case today on Amazon and found one by Devicewear had really good ratings. I went to check out their web site and saw something unusual in the corner. Under "New Products" I saw "The Ridge by Devicewear - New Black Vegan Leather Case for the iPad Mini".

I thought that is strange they are selling a case so quickly. I clicked on it and saw what looks to be pictures of the iPad mini. I can't find it anywhere else on their web site only "New Products". Was it posted by mistake? Is this the real thing? Has this been covered before?

http://www.devicewear.com/the-ridge-ipad-mini-case/

2. docprego macrumors 65816

First I've seen of this. I can tell you for sure that Devicewear doesn't have some sort of early access to iPad Mini specs in order to produce a case. Accessory manufacturers frequently do this. In one notable case a few years back an accessory manufacturer went so far as to manufacture 1000's of cases for a leaked iPhone design which never materialized. To simply put a web page up for a rumored product is not much more than that, a web page for a rumored product.

3. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

There will be a bunch of stupid people that will buy it.

4. Bojobap, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012

Bojobap thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I guess. I saw a couple things that were different than the current iPad or from macrumors. The first was two buttons for volume and the other was mic spot in the middle. Do you think that was just made up? I thought about calling them, but thought they might take it down. I grabbed the picture in case they do.

[​IMG]

5. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Good catch about the mic. That corresponds to the rumor mentioning a rear facing Mic for video recording purposes (or noise cancelling).

I must point out that it would not be difficult to pull these images off in Photoshop using existing iPad photos + photos of the case empty. Just saying.

6. WLS macrumors 65816

It's gone now so thanks for grabbing that web page to show us. I would have thought it just speculation but when they took it down so fast I have to go hmmmm...
    Nice case though

7. iPusch macrumors 6502

iPusch

I pretty like it, but i dont see the reason for putting the mic on the back, currently its on the upper edge...so siri understands me much better on there, but is that the only mic or are there more in ther iPad 3? I always try to speak into that mic on top or is there one underneath the home button?

8. RenoG macrumors 65816

As was mentioned above it would be for video recording purposes, like that of camcorders, haha wow remember those things, anywho the mic was always on the lens side.

9. Bojobap thread starter macrumors newbie

From the bottom left picture, it looks like there are two mics. One in the usual spot and another for "camcorder use".

10. iPusch macrumors 6502

iPusch

but especially for siri on iPad 3 it would be great to understand for her/him, like in the iPhone siri uses the mic next to the speaker on the bottom of the device.

----------

Oh okay thanks I have seen it now o_O

11. MacAgnostic macrumors regular

MacAgnostic

The display is 19:10 not the correct 4:3, also the home button isn't round; you can see this in the following perspective correction.

Also, here it what it should look like with a 7.85" 4:3 display.

Attached Files: