iPad mini iPad mini pre-order at apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PalacePlayers, Oct 31, 2013.

1. PalacePlayers macrumors regular

Is there a chance Apple will offer pre orders for the retina mini when they release the Air on their online store in just a few hours? I've decided I'll go for the mini because of the ultraportability, but I'm a afraid I won't get it until 2014 if I don't preorder it the minute it is avaliable. I have to choose between sleep and school vs. refreshing apple.com for preorder.

What do you guys think?

2. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

maybe or maybe not. there has been no word on whether its available and other countries that are already able to order it have not said that the mini was available to pre-order. so you can always just wait and see if the ordering goes live for it.

3. bkribbs macrumors 65816

If that wasn't 3am sure...

Of course I still will anyways not that I'm expecting it too.

4. rookpsu macrumors member

I figured I resuscitate this thread instead of starting anew. Do you think Apple will be instituting a presale for the mini 2 at any point prior to release or will this be strictly a campout situation?

5. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

If the iPhone 5s is any indication

I speculate online preorders and in store availability will happen on the same day only because of the huff and puff about screen shortages.

We'll see.

6. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

No pre-orders.
    Be there on the day it goes "live" if you want one.

7. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I don't think they are going to be doing pre-orders.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Did Apple announce what countries were part of the initial rMini launch? I think the fewer countries that are part of the launch the greater the chance of same-day p/u like the Air. I doubt there will be pre-order for delivery though under any circumstance. If they didn't do it for the Air w/ large supply they aren't going to do it for the Air with presumably more limited availability.

9. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I precut the same as the Air - available for personal pickup at 12 am PST.

10. miscrap macrumors newbie

I assume preorder is meant literally - order before they become available. I can understand why that wouldn't happen. However, will I be able to go online at midnight PST on the day they go on sale and order one, either for pickup in store or shipped? Seems way easier than standing in line for hours. Just order and go back to bed and pick it up later.

11. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

It seems like they have had a lot of issues with in store pickup. I have read several instances of people who order and don't get an iPad because the system still says processing.

12. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Just get it shipped, wait like 4 days and you'll have it.

To be clear- you can do that online at 12 PST