iPad mini iPad Mini preparations...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Izzybeff, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Izzybeff macrumors member

Anyone doing anything special to get ready for the iPad Mini? I think I may be the most excited person on this forum. I've been waiting for them to come out with a mini since the first iPad came out, so I haven't upgraded till now.

Things I'm doing to get ready.

- sold my Nook this afternoon
    - ordered iTunes gift cards with my credit cards rewards
    - secured another phone so that I can get rid of my iPhone. Going back to a plain Jane phone
    - going to start knitting a mini cover to protect it in my purse
    - as soon as it comes I'll be cleaning all personal stuff (except angry birds) off my original iPad to pass on to DH

Too bad I have to wait for the cellular version. Wish it would come the same time as the wifi version.

Anyone else this excited?

2. DoctorYuyi macrumors member

I canceled my Sprint phone, payed the $300 ETF and got a Tracfone. It'll save me ~$900 when you take out all the fees I just payed.

What better way to spend that money than to get something I don't need - an iPad! :D

I'll sell my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Craigslist.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Nothing special here really. When my iPad Mini arrives at my door, I will have my pocket knife ready at my hand and start unboxing my iPad Mini, then I will charge it and sync it and add some apps. Then I will play with it.

4. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

I've sold my iPad 2, I'll still be using my iPhone 5 though.

5. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Why don't you want an iPhone now? :confused:

6. Izzybeff thread starter macrumors member

Well I do want it, but paying for Internet is getting slightly crazy. We pay for Internet at home, we pay for Internet at our business and then I pay for Internet on my cellphone. Just seemed a bit much. Also, probably 90% of the time I'm using my cellphone for Internet I'm somewhere that has wifi so it really isn't needed.

This way I can purchase Internet on the iPad the couple of months a year we travel, otherwise I'll just use wifi. I kind of felt bad about it at first, but I realized if I hate it I can always just pay for cellular every month on the iPad and I'll still save $10 per month.

7. bagelmaker macrumors member

I'm not really doing anything to prepare, other than obsessively watching "hands on" videos and the iPad mini adds. I've even watched the Mini Smart Cover add a bunch of times. And I'm spending way too much time on these forums.

I've not been this excited about a new toy since I was a kid. I've owned two iPod Touches and really like IOS, but I was never interested in getting an IPhone (don't like the monthly data charges) or an IPad (too big to be carried around outside the house without always having to worry about putting down someplace safe.) This Mini seems like the perfect size to me. I would have like Retina, but its not a deal breaker for me. Who knows, maybe the screen will look great.

About a year ago I bought a Nook Color since I liked the size and price, but the OS is terrible when you are used to IOS. I even rooted it so that it was closer to a proper Android tablet and It was still just a pain to use. I still have it,but never use it.

8. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

iOS is horrible after having spent a bunch of time with Windows phone 7/8. Just awful. Perhaps that's why they fired the guy in charge of iOS. About time too.

9. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Remind me never to run a division of a company that is responsible for a large part of the company's success of late (iOS), just because it doesn't live up to the standards of an OS (Wp 7/8) that cries, "wait, guys, I used to be better than you, come back here, I'm better than you, really, I didn't copy you, I've been recently re-created to try and rob you of your profits because rather than become something new and better, I'm what you already were, but better than what you were, really, guys, wait up!" :rolleyes:

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Yeah, me too! I crocheted a bag for my iPad 2. Not sure if I'll be doing the same thing for the Mini. Will wait till it comes before deciding what to do "case wise". Right now, I'm leaning towards a neoprene sleeve.

Anyway to get ready I'm going to throw a block party :D