iPad mini iPad Mini price drop in UK?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by h4mza, Oct 27, 2013.

1. h4mza macrumors 6502

So I heard iPad Mini the first generation has been price dropped to $250 which is equivalent to £160 GPB but when I go on Apple's UK website, it still showing as £259? Does anyone know if it will be price dropped in UK?

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

shows £249 for me (a £20 discount from the original £269)

general rule of thumb is that US to UK prices are roughly a dollar to pound exchange with apple stuff in particular. (if its $199 then its usually around £199 here or sometimes a little less)t

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

We pay 20% VAT with the purchase - Americans file taxes at the end of the year (as far as I'm aware), as different states have different sales tax.

4. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

5. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Regardless of how taxes are collected, it's standard practice in the US to quite retail prices exclusive of sales tax, whereas here in the UK they always include 20% VAT. This needs to be borne in mind when comparing prices. Yes we usually pay more than the equivalent US price but it's often not quite as stark a difference as the figures would suggest.

6. Z3man macrumors 6502a

The new standard price in the UK is now £249.00, but if you get it from Tesco's there is a £20 voucher code available plus 3.5% Quidco, which brings the price down to £221.00.

7. Davejprince macrumors regular

This is what the (-.-)..... at pricing-company called Apple does.

For example:
    iPhone 5s in US: 649 Dollar.

iPhone 5s price in The Netherlands (Europe): 699EU which is as of today 963,01 Dollar.

Wait, 314 bucks more expensive because no valid reason. ( yes after taxes it's still more than 250bucks more expensive because they rob your wallet.. or well, you do )

Simply a scam, besides the fact Apple products are excellent products.
    But I just can't stand the pathetic prices of these products ouside of the United States.

8. tann macrumors 68000

This is how the world works!

UK has VAT added on whereas US doesn't. Plus there's then the 'non USA tax' that companies (not just Apple) add on.