iPad mini iPad mini purchase by ipad3 and iphone5 owner

Discussion in 'iPad' started by josh bear, Nov 4, 2012.

1. josh bear macrumors regular

Hi all.

I know a lot of people come to the forum to look for opinions before they make a purchase. Posting with this in mind.

I currently own the iPhone 5 and the ipad 3. When the mini was first announced I had no intention of adding it to my collection. However a visit to Apple on Friday changed that when I picked it up. I was very surprised by the weight and form factor when it was actually in my hands. The physically usability caused my to think about how I used my iPad 3 and how a mini could not just fit in but add benefit.

My iPad 3 is used for work, a lot. I present from it, keep useful summary files on business performance and of course company email. On a personal front I read a lot of magazines and comics, watch movies when traveling and browse the Internet forums on photography (my hobby). The iPad is rarely far from hand and as a result I find it too easy to dip in and out of work. This of course has some benefits for keeping track of a complex business but equally brings lots of downsides around work life balance and "switching off the brain."

One answer of course was to separate work and life with two iPads but the thought of buying an additional full size iPad just never appealed to me. The advent of the mini has provided another option.

Yesterday I bought a 16gb white mini iPad. The first 24 hours have been great. The weight and size are perfect for me for what I want to use it for. Reading in bed last night was a different experience compared to the iPad 3 driven by weight and size alone.

The processor in the mini has no issue is dealing with the things I am using it for, the price is worth it for me and the screen bright and crisp enough.

Yes if I put the iPad 3 or the iPhone 5 next to the mini then you can tell there is a "quality" difference between the screens but when alone I am having no issue using the mini.

So in summary if you can see past comparing screens with any retina devices you may have and if size and weight are key factors for you then I would suggest you would not be disappointed by an iPad mini.

Josh

2. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

There's already 300 posts about this..and there's no way you got a 16gb white mini yesterday(Saturday) they were almost instantly sold out Friday morning

3. josh bear thread starter macrumors regular

Hi

Thanks for the comments. I purchased it from the apple store in Reading (uk). They had black and white 16gb and black 32gb as of 11 am yesterday.

Best regards

Josh

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

What's with all the hate around here lately?
    You don't like his post, don't read it!
    And then you continue to go on telling him he's lying about getting a white iPad mini!? Wow... This used to be a fun place..:(

To the OP congrats on your purchase. I will be picking one up myself. A white one! ;)

5. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I can see how separating the business and personal sides of your life can be complicated when your using a single device for both. Having two devices my not be the best solution, but it does seem doable, and I agree that a full size and a mini is probably more palatable then two full size iPads.

6. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

To original poster

Thanks for the post. I have an Ip3 and an Ip5 and I really like my 16 gig mini.

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

They got several shipments in even after they sold out friday and saturday. Why do you have to be such a hateful person?

I have a white mini iPad too.

8. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

I apologize I didn't mean to come off rude. There's just endless threads ranting and raving bashing devices and stuff,I also agree the forums have gotten a little crazy lately

9. josh bear thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the apology.

Best regards

Josh