iPad Mini R freezing while on wifi

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Abarth1200, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Hi so had my retina mini wifi+cellular a couple days now currently still on 7.0.4. Background of iPad 3 and iPhones.

So a couple of times a day when loading safari page or YouTube video it freezes loading, I've tried closing the application but that doesn't work, only thing that works is a hard reset (sleep and home button for couple seconds)

Any ideas it's started to get annoying, thought it was a one off the first time. iPad 3 and iPhone 5 on same wifi work fine.

2. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'd say try upgrading to the latest firmware.

4. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not really wanting to upgrade, going to jailbreak it as soon as I'm happy with its stability but not too impressed right now. I should maybe have stated that in my op

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Hmmmm. Can you erase everything and set it up as new?

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

Have you tried the following?:

1) Power off wifi router for 1 min turn back on. (reboot)

2) Hardware reset (home + power buttons)

3) Reset network settings only

7. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

Right currently have just reset my router, will see how I get on, next thing ill try your advice, never thought about resetting network settings on iPad.

8. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

ive learnt by experience that more often than not it's the router's issue.
    they dont make them like they used to - they typically only live for 2/3 years nowadays

9. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's been my experience as well. I've gone trouble free with my routers for 2-3 years and after the 2nd year, I find I have to reset it and a regular basis because the wifi quits working properly or hangs.

10. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

It's a brand new router.

I had another couple freezing issues so I did the router reboot, iPad reset and then network reset so will see how that goes, if that doesn't work I'm at a loss

11. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright back again, I've given it a couple days and did the whole reset network settings, router and check all the router settings, 2 iPhones and another iPad all working fine off the same router. It got to the point I was better off using cellular sitting in the house instead of having to deal with wifi.

What can I do now, take it back. Book a Genius appointment, do I have to do that online?

What are the chances it's got something to do with iOS 7.0.4 and I'll get told to upgrade, can I decline the upgrade?

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think upgrading is the first thing they would recommend, simply because that is step 1 in troubleshooting any technical problem. If you decline to upgrade, they won't help you, because they can't perform all the troubleshooting steps they need to.