iPad mini iPad mini replacement and speed question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ron7624, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ron7624, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014

ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I am the proud owner of a brand spanking new iPad rMini. I am dazzled by it's blinding speed and absolute responsiveness. This is the second time that I have been dazzled by those same attributes.
    I owned an original iPad mini for year and then traded up as soon as possible this past November. I have been happily enjoying my new retina version since November but alas during this last little ice storm in Houston Texas I slipped and dropped it shattering the screen. Luckily, having AppleCare, I quickly received another one.
    I did not realize how much of the dazzle had slipped away during those three months of use.
    So the question here is how do I keep it at that blinding speed? I did not set it up as new, I simply restored from an iTunes backup. In addition the battery life is phenomenal. I picked it up from the Apple store and it had a 99% charge on it. I restored it and have used it all day today. So, right now it's 24 hours later + and it's at 89%. That is really good IMO.
    So, do you think that every once in a while I should back it up and wipe it - and then restore it ? You think that would do it?
    I'm thinking about testing my theory with my iPhone 5.

2. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

This did get some views, but no replies. My theory was a good one. I did a complete backup on my iPhone 5 and then restored it. Wow what a difference in the speed improvements within the apps like Safari, it was certainly worth the trouble. I'm starting to do this every couple of months and am really enjoying the results of having speedy new devices.

3. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I have an ipad r mini too and when something happens to it, I delete all apps, photos videos EXCEPT the games, do a backup on icloud and than DFU restore with itunes. Than I use the icloud to activate the ipad and I also use icloud for the backup restore, I basically use itunes only to install the fresh ios.