iPad mini iPad mini replacing iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theapplefanboyj, Jun 21, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

I recently got an iPad Mini retina, and it's actually replaced my phone. I hardly use my phone except when I go out. I even take selfies on the iPad! what about you guys?

2. 617aircav Suspended

It has not replaced your phone, you just use your phone less to do things that you can also do on your iPad. This is normal since it has a lager screen.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I actually use my phone, to make phone calls, something that the iPad doesn't really excel at. I can't see replacing my phone with my rMini - makes no sense to me. While I love my mini, it doesn't fit in my pants pocket like my phone does. Its harder to carry in many situations.

4. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

I can't agree.. I take my rMini with me when I go in addition to my iPhone, it doesn't get left at home. It fits in my back pants pocket nicely. It in so way has replaced my phone. Two different devices with 2 different types of consumptions' for me. I do have to take it out of my pocket when I sit, but that is no problem. In the car, I have a cd slot holder that keeps it secure and any other place, I just put it down close to me. I guess the one exception is in a drinking establishment, then it gets locked in the trunk. Using the ipad for a phone, even with bluetooth earpieces is very inconvenient and the quality just isn't there either.

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

It has potential. Whatsapp, Google Voice, FaceTime, and iMessage. For anything else, there's iPhone. ;) Sent from my iPad.

6. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

my rMini is my home device. I rarely use my iPhone at home.

7. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I've replaced my phone with an iPad Mini. You can read about that here on MacRumors. It's been a pretty painless experience. I will say it's definitely not for everyone. :)

8. laudern macrumors 6502a

I don't think the pockets on your pants would agree with this statement:eek:

9. east85, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014

east85 macrumors 65816

east85

lol, I don't pocket the iPad Mini, it goes with me in a pad and quil messenger pretty much everywhere. Unless I'm hiking or camping, in which case I have a good spot on my pack that's pretty accessible.

10. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I've actually been tempted to try this just because we shouldn't technically NEED two devices. But, this pretty much means you HAVE to carry your iPad everywhere you go - even to the grocery store, the post office, etc. And then what do you do when you get a call? Use a bluetooth headset? That's just one more thing to carry around isn't it?