iPad mini Ipad Mini Retina Accessories Question

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by beeinformed, Mar 18, 2014.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

I recently purchased an iPad Mini Retina (1st time owner!) and would appreciate any feedback about if it's a good idea to protect the device, for example with a cover, if you're just using it at home. Thanks!

2. Kangda macrumors member

3. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Congrats! I went from the full size iPad to the rMini and really like the change. Personally, I think it's kind of slippery without a cover, so I use one all the time. So, by now, I have a bunch of covers. One of the lightest and best feeling to hold is the good old Apple Smart Cover. (The Canvas mentioned earlier is also a very good choice)

4. ElectronGuru, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014

ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Really depends on you. Mine gets more dirty from use than sitting around so covers don't help keeping it clean. I don't drop mine and most surfaces are soft, so covers don't help with protection. I'm usually holding mine so covers don't help with holding angles. My wife is the opposite with most of these, so she got one the first day.

Since it's your first, I'd go with a low cost one then see if you use it.

5. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm a novice to using an iPad and trying to determine what cover/cases to purchase for it.