iPad mini Retina at Target, or, my iPad Sophie's Choice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by verycaroline, May 6, 2014.

1. verycaroline macrumors newbie

Hi, macrumors folks.

So, here's the deal:
    I am in the market for my new iPad after having to return my devices to employer A when I started my new gig with employer B.

I know that I want the mini, I mean I am 99.84% sure. I've had both, and the mini fits in my hand, and ba da bing, I used the mini more often.

So - I was laid off for a while AND I happen to have a king's ransom of target.com gift cards at my disposal. I will buy this device at Target; I'd prefer to buy it in store but that's negotiable. I was all set to buy my shiny new iPad mini Retina in white/LTE AT&T (ack)/64 or 128gb - and then... :mad::confused:

Yeah. So, not so much. Unless I have stopped being able to make sense of words and pictures, Target isn't selling the aforementioned device(s).

So. It seems like it'll have to be the:
    1. 32gb w/ AT&T LTE
    2. 64 or 128 wi-fi only; I'd tether w/ my iPhone

I travel for work infrequently, have broadband wi-fi at home and work, and so forth.

Your thoughts, please and thank you?:eek:
    cheers!

2. macs4nw, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014

macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Only you can decide what's more important to you: The LTE connectivity, or more storage. If you decide on the LTE version, you could always later on add something along these lines to your 32GB Mini, for about the same amount of money as the diff of upgrading from 32 to 128GB. Needless to say you have that same option if you were to go with the WiFi-only Mini, allowing you to buy the lower-priced 32GB or even the 16GB WiFi-only Mini.

Taking this with you, will give you instant access anywhere to 1TB or 2TB of stored content, on up to five devices, and it can do this without using bandwidth, or if so desired, connect to nearby Wi–Fi hotspots.

3. verycaroline thread starter macrumors newbie

but the reviews scare me...

Thanks, it is something I considered - but the reviews online are really mixed at best, and, I'm one for not adding any "pieces" to my tablet - keyboard, storage, etc.

I will give it a second thought, but right now I'm leaning towards more storage.