iPad Mini Retina - Dead pixels on one, yellow/pink screen on the other

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Valkyria, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Valkyria macrumors newbie

Received a White 16GB Wifi retina mini direct from Apple online (UK) a few days ago. The bottom half of the screen is yellow and the top half has a pink tint. Both these colour tints are more obvious on the right of the screen and it's really distracting.

Every iPad I've ever bought has had these colour variation issues so tbh I expected it, but I still got my hopes up thinking they might have sorted it this time, and I may actually be able to keep one.

Today I received a Black 16GB Wifi retina mini from Tesco online (as they had £30 off and I used clubcard vouchers too). This one has NO colour tinting on the screen. I couldn't believe I finally had a good screen. Then I spotted a dead pixel(s?) on the lower left of the screen and dust trapped under the upper right of the screen.

I don't know what Tesco are like for returns/exchanges, but is it worth swapping the black one when chances are I will get one with more colour problems? This was going to be for my son for christmas. He may not be bothered, but I am, and I'm sure this lowers the value for when we sell it one day. I can't hope that Apple will exchange it one day as it wasn't bought from them. At least colour variations aren't so obvious when the screen is anything but white, but you always see the dead pixel.

The white one I suppose will just have to be returned to Apple.

2. AboutThisMac macrumors member

[Hey,

What did you end up doing?

I also got mine from Tesco, but it was pretty damaged straight out of the box. They're pretty good with swaps and I got another the very next morning.

The display on the replacement is pretty uneven, so I'm not sure wether to keep it or not.