iPad ipad mini retina display

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dentifrice, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Dentifrice macrumors 6502

Hello,

I remember when the ipad mini retina was launched, people were talking about screen quality, yellow tint, etc..

is it still the case ? I want to buy one today but I was wondering if the Apple has changed the panel to a better one since.

Thank you

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

No the panel has not changed. There is nothing wrong with the rMini. Never, ever read this forum when a new Apple device launches. If you do, don't believe everything you read. Half the people giving it bad reviews didn't own one. For accurate reviews look for people who own the product and use it regularly.

Go buy you one and enjoy it like the majority of us do.

3. thegreati macrumors regular

Apple gets their LCD's from a few different manufacturers. You never know what you're gonna get it.

[​IMG]

4. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'd say jump on it! My first iPad rMini was returned while I was in store picking it up. I told the "genius" the yellow banding and pink hue on opposite sides were too noticeable. Luckily my second one was a keeper. I've had it nearly 3 months now and am very happy with the screen!

5. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I don't know if my screen is perfect because I don't sit there analyzing it with a pure-white display. It's razor sharp and looks great whenever I use it, so I'm gonna say it's awesome.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Love mine the day I turned it on and more every day I use it. This was a launch day order. Any order on any day is a gamble so you're never not rolling the dice. OTOH, apple always stands behind it, return it for any reason.

The only thing you're loosing is time.

7. Dentifrice thread starter macrumors 6502

done ! just bought it !

display seems to be ok ! no color tint and I love it !

8. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

waiting for mine to be transferred to my local post office because i wasn't home to sign for it yesterday :mad:

9. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Piece of advice? Look into the matte screen protectors. I know, they DO affect the display, but they also eliminate glare and fingerprints. WELL worth it, IMO.

10. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i just got mine and haven't noticed any problems, put a screen protector too if that makes a difference. Enjoy!

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My rMini is fine, though I did get it when it first available for pre-order, and yes I too use a screen protector on it :)