sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
Anyone else notice on the Apple Store App, it says order the rMini online for free shipping or in store pickup when it's available? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Does that mean they expect enough supply to offer pickup at launch?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Anyone else notice on the Apple Store App, it says order the rMini online for free shipping or in store pickup when it's available? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Here's to hoping. Unfortunately, they didn't really say if you can get same-day in-store pickup.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

3 weeks until availability feels so long :-(

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Hopefully! I'd rather not have to wait overnight as I did for my 5S. It's getting colder outside.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB

No, they'll just stop selling on-line when they run out of stock. Or you won't get your notification for pickup for an extra week or whatever... Not sure what happened during this last launch, as instore pickup wasn't an option up here. But there's no reason to expect they'll have magical quantities of stock.

Clint

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012

sorry to hear about your experience. I haven't had a problem in previous in-store pickups; I think you should still give it a shot. especially if that feature is available and with the supply being supposedly low, it might be your best shot at reserving one before the end of the year.

----------

so wait, I can order it online and pick it up in store?

according to the app that's what it says, for whenever it's released.
assuming they allocate inventory for in-store pickups you might be able to order one on launch day.

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
These are going to sell out in minutes

And I can guarantee you, I will be one of the first, as (without bragging) , I'm pretty good with the keys ;)

Last edited:

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
I went to an Apple store today and an employee told me that they expect the first shipment of retina iPad Minis in the last week of November or first week in December.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I went to an Apple store today and an employee told me that they expect the first shipment of retina iPad Minis in the last week of November or first week in December.

In store pickup was a breeze for me. The only downside is that they didn't have enough 128GBs to go around, so I had to order mine for Monday pickup.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
In store pickup was a breeze for me. The only downside is that they didn't have enough 128GBs to go around, so I had to order mine for Monday pickup.

Im getting the 128gb black as well and I'm attempting to avoid them saying they will not have it when I go to pick it up. Normally I would go on my lunch break but it's a hike from my new job.

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013

That may, or may not be accurate. As many of us have discovered, employes are......
Well whatever. :)

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
With the pricing, the 32 or 64 look pretty attractive. I just don't want to fall into this trap of having multiple tablets again. I'm so happy with the Air. I just know when I go into the store and see and hold the retina mini I'm going to be suckered in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.