Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
My ipad mini retina has soft speakers, which make it impractical as an alarm. I've heard other mini retina owners make the same complaint, and one person claimed it was a software bug that would be fixed in ios 8. I only saw that on one thread and figured it's probably a baseless rumor, but I'm just wondering if anyone who has upgraded a mini retina to ios 8 has noticed any difference in the sound?

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
My ipad mini retina has soft speakers, which make it impractical as an alarm. I've heard other mini retina owners make the same complaint, and one person claimed it was a software bug that would be fixed in ios 8. I only saw that on one thread and figured it's probably a baseless rumor, but I'm just wondering if anyone who has upgraded a mini retina to ios 8 has noticed any difference in the sound?

Nope. Not in 8 or 8.0.2
I am ready for louder speakers though. I worry that it won't happen. I guess they figure that's what bluetooth speakers are for.
I use my rMini 90 % of the time and my iPad Air the rest of the time that I'm using an iPad. The speaker volume on the Air is quite nice and loud enough. I do hope the bump up the rMini a bit.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2013
Nope. Not in 8 or 8.0.2
I am ready for louder speakers though. I worry that it won't happen. I guess they figure that's what bluetooth speakers are for.
I use my rMini 90 % of the time and my iPad Air the rest of the time that I'm using an iPad. The speaker volume on the Air is quite nice and loud enough. I do hope the bump up the rMini a bit.

Ah well, thanks for letting me know. I may stick with ios 7 for and try jail-breaking to see if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.