Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c1phr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
I have one of these from way back in the day that I use with my iPad 2.

My Retina Mini is on its way here, and I'm planning on picking up one of the 30 pin adapters for my Camera Connection Kit. I'm wondering if anyone has used this or a similar dock (with a little bit of back support as this one has) with an iPad Mini and determined if it was safe for the connectors and didn't cause too much stress?

hungx

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
I would probably use the 30 pin dongle instead and use a separate stand to reduce stress on the lightning connector.

c1phr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
I would probably use the 30 pin dongle instead and use a separate stand to reduce stress on the lightning connector.

I was thinking about this option, since I would prefer the longer adapter for the CCK anyway, but the awkwardness of that setup wasn't the most appealing.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Bluetooth keyboards like Logitech's Ultrathin will be more reasonable, which do not limit your iPad to the portrait orientation and can be used with virtually any computer. Don't ever tie your accessories to a particular proprietary port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.