iPad mini iPad Mini Retina new suppliers improvement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davedave1, Nov 25, 2013.

1. davedave1 macrumors newbie

Hi fellow Apple enthusiasts.

Does anyone expect the inferior retina screen issues of the new iPad Mini models to improve in a few months, e.g. when Apple changes supplier? Do you think Apple will be able to match the quality of the iPad Air display?

The bad "Gamut" scores the iPad Mini Retina got are really a deal breaker for me. Thanks for your feedback!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say the gamut is not due to an "inferior" screen but decision by apple due to the use of IGZO screens.

FWIW, did you check out the mini at a local retailer. I have a rMini and love it. The screen is downright gorgeous.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Have you seen an iPad Mini Retina in person?

Do your requirements for the device include color-critical photo editing or working with prepress advertising layouts?

4. deaglecat macrumors 6502

Seriously OP ... are you trolling.

The rmini screen is gorgeous.. but just lacks full gamut.

If you are a photographer or somebody who has used IPS etc regularly then you may notice it. Otherwise, just enjoy.

The limited gamut is not a manufacturing defect.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So you have used an iPad rMini and know of these so-called issues first hand or are you asking this question based on the complaints you read online?

I think you should skip the rMini because I think you just looking for issues.

6. davedave1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am just asking about this because my partner has an iPad air and reading the reviews online I dont want to see the "pale" rMini next to the iPad air...

----------

do you expect the hardware to be improved?

----------

not trolling, sorry, just have my concerns...

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I do not expect Apple to switch to a full gamut screen in the middle of a product cycle, alienate a million customers and create a flood of returns.

Just get an Air, or wait til ipad mini 3.