iPad mini Ipad Mini Retina Screen: NEW Problem!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by suttong, May 23, 2014.

1. suttong, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014

suttong macrumors newbie

Here is what my 32gb VZ LTE ipad mini retina did today for no reason. Exactly 3/4 of the screen went haywire (pics below). Admittedly I did drop it 6 months ago but the small crack in the glass has been stable since. I anticipate apple will claim that compromised the device and require the $200+ replacement fee. :apple:

Yes the quality of these photos are bad with my iphone 3gs because they were they were taken before I goto bed. The point is, I wanted to post to see if anyone else has seen/experienced this problem. If/anyone in the community cares I am more then happy to make a higher quality video demonstrating the issue later.

Attached Files:

2. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Do you have AppleCare+?

If not, you have two options: have a third party fix it and thus void your warranty or have Apple replace/fix it for a fee. Chances are there may be something else damaged and a third party may not be able to fix it.

3. suttong thread starter macrumors newbie

No applecare - so I am limited to their alternative replacement option
    I agree, the display itself appears damaged, 3rd party repair will likely also not be much different then just getting apple to take care of it first time.:apple:

4. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

It won't hurt to make a Genius Bar appointment and have them quote you for a repair. I've seen similar cases where replacing just the screen doesn't fix the problem since the display controller was also damaged.