iPad mini iPad Mini Retina Shipping Package Dimensions required please

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sgmuser, Nov 17, 2013.

1. sgmuser macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Fedex has the ipad mini retina to my shipper in US. The shipper is charging 120 dollars to ship it to my residence in oman. according to them :

Thank you for writing to us. Please note that the actual weight of the shipment is 0.81kg and the volumetric weight of the shipment as it came from the merchant is 5.67kg with the dimensions 8*9*24. Please be advised that you are charged either of the actual weight or the volumetric weight whichever is higher."
    "

Is the package/box measurement of 8*9*24 is correct? Can someone help measuring the ipad mini (or retina) shipping box or if possible some pics with a scale measuring scale next to the shipping box would be helpful. now they are charging 120 dollars! :eek: I really doubt the 24, i believe it could be 2.4inches. Help needed urgently please. Thanks.

2. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

I already threw the shipping box away but it's not much bigger than the iPad box. It just has a couple of cardboard "shoes" for the top & bottom of the iPad box to sit in to protect it . I'd say 8x9x2.4 is probably pretty close.