iPad mini iPad mini retina - Target?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tyler23, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hey all, did some searching but haven't gotten solid info.

From what I can tell, Target is not yet selling the iPad mini retina in stores, is this correct? And if so, any word on when these stores will be getting them?

My fiancée and I are getting some good Target gift cards for Christmas from family and we've got our eyes set on the mini.

Thanks all in advance!

2. creed16 macrumors member

My Target carries them. I picked one up for the Black Friday sale with gift card.

3. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

They should be carrying them, but maybe they ran out of them and they're waiting for a shipment from Apple.

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When I was there a few days ago, they were carrying the wifi version; they are limited in stock however. You have to call when the store opens to see if they got any delivered.
    If you're wanting the cellular model, like me, it doesn't look as if they're carrying it yet. :(

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Careful, there is a data leak warning at Target.com for anyone who used credit cards from Black Friday on. They stole names, card #s and that includes the CVV code on the back of the cards.

7. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

Thanks for your replies everyone. Will have to check out Target in the next few days.

Still strange that online, the description for all iPad Mini with Retina Displays (wifi versions) says that it's not available in stores, only online.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

You can also check via http://checkinventory.net/

Plug in your zip code to see nearby inventory.

White 16GB retina Mini wifi: http://checkinventory.net/index/target/14423839/
    Gray 16GB retina Mini wifi: http://checkinventory.net/index/target/14423840/

Targets in my area tend to get ipads delivered via FedEx around 10-11am in the morning.

9. Mockenrue macrumors 6502

I bought a 16gb WiFi iPad Mini Retina at Target this past weekend. It may have been the last one (hard to tell because they had some non-retina models on the wrong shelf). Like many here, I wanted to buy from Target in order to use the $200 card from their iPad 1 buy-back promotion.

10. Taylor814ce macrumors newbie

I don't know where you are looking but when I do search on Target.com, you can see that many stores carry the retina mini in wifi 16 and 32.

I went through several targets in the past two weeks and most all had retina in stock. Not In all colors and model but they all had at least couple to choose from. I also called and I think 80% of Target had them in stock.

11. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

depends on your location. The regular target we frequent will only have like 1 ipad sitting in the case and most of the time it has none. This is ALL the time.

12. EDH667, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013

EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

10% discount Saturday and Sunday

Sounds like Target will be offering all shoppers a 10% Discount Saturday and Sunday 12/21 and 12/22. Don't know if that is on top of the 5% Red Card discount. Maybe a good time to purchase the iPad Mini Retina! Also they reportedly are offering Gift Cards starting with their Sunday ad.

FREE $20 Gift Card wyb iPad Air Wi-Fi 16 GB $479

FREE $30 Gift Card wyb iPad Mini with Wi-Fi 16 GB $299

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) —A day after Target announced that forty million of its customers had their credit and debit card data breached, the retailer announced a 10 percent discount for all shoppers at its stores this Saturday and Sunday.