iPad mini iPad Mini Retina - Watching TV Shows

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GrumpyGeek, Mar 18, 2014.

1. GrumpyGeek macrumors regular

Hello Macrumors,

I have been thinking about getting an iPad Mini /w Retina for about a month now. My wife and I are having a baby that is due in middle of April. We have decided that when the baby is around we are not watching TV. So when i am laying in bed I want to be able to watch the TV show that i have download the night before (With headphones of course). My question is how do you find the iPad mini for watching TV shows via Plex? Is the screen too small?

Thanks
    GrumpyGeek

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think its ok, though I wouldn't want to do it night in and night out. I enjoyed watching movies and stuff on my rMini but I don't use it as a replacement for a TV.

My advise, if you're going to to go the route of watching TV day in and day out on a tablet, why not just keep the TV?

3. sholzer macrumors regular

+1 its do able, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time. I'd probably also prefer to have an air if its main use will just be in bed to watch tv/movies on it

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

It should be fine for watching movies/TV shows. I do it occasionally in bed on my iPad Mini (1st Gen) as well as sometimes watching ESPN on it since I don't keep a TV in the bedroom.

5. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i love watching tv on my mini, i think it is perfect.