iPad mini retina's battery life

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by pote2639, Feb 17, 2014.

1. pote2639, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014

pote2639 macrumors newbie

Hi

So, I feel like my ipad mini retina with cellular is a tad shorter battery life than I expected to be. mixed use (play non-serious graphic games like hayday, PvZ2 etc. and surf the web and social thingly.)

the result is below.

well, I'm not sure if this is normal and I was just too expected for it but I saw most other guys in this forum got 15-20 hours of battery life and even 3 days of standby!

By the ways, is it safe to charge the iPad overnight? I heard it has a cutting system when your battery reached 100% but I'm not entirely sure..

:confused:

Attached Files:

2. d-emolat macrumors newbie

Maybe you should tell us what's turned on/off on your iPad, what version of iOS you have installed and so on and how you're using it?

3. SwingOnThis macrumors regular

Also what is your screen brightness? That has a massive effect on battery life.

4. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

According to apple:

Built-in 23.8-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
    Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi‑Fi, watching video, or listening to music
    Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network

It's seems like your battery life is spot on, I doubt you can get 15-20 hours out of a iPad mini retina playing graphic intensive games, those who claim they do are lying or exaggerating.

5. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

Apple says 10 hours of battery life.

You should 7:30 used with 29% remaining... and over 10 hours standby.

If we extrapolate that. You should easily break 10 hours. You should actualy hit 10:33 usage with x standby. You are exceeding what Apple advertised.

I don't understand the disappointement.

6. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I usually have everything turned on and couldn't be happier with the battery life I get out of my iPad.

If you leave the display on for long periods of time, it will of course drain your battery. Even if doing tasks that aren't graphics intensive.

I had a textbook up on mine this past weekend as I was studying for a good 6-7 hours straight and it drained me from 100% to roughly 40%.....

In general though, I can get something like 10 hours of use and a couple days of standby with my mix of browsing, game playing, movie watching, music listening and document/spreadsheet viewing and creating.

7. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

This, exactly this.

8. bradleyjx macrumors member

Just a couple weekends ago, I was testing a different tablet out for the weekend, and as a result I had my rMini sitting in a bag all weekend; if I remember the numbers right, it would've extrapolated to about 8 days of standby life.

But, if I'm using the rMini continuously, I'm probably watching videos, and I'm probably going to get 8 hours out of it, if I'm lucky. That's just my use-case, as yours is one which looks like it gives you about 10 hours of battery life.

It's safe to pretty much leave any device plugged in overnight these days.

9. pote2639, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014

pote2639 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I was set the brightness at around 30-50% (less or more bright is make my eye pain anyway.) also I've always turn off wifi and some location service when I'm at outside. I just used to play games around 10-15 mins each time when I played around, around 20 mins avg. each when I was surf the internet. Avg. 10 mins spends on other apps. Also its iOS 7.0.4

By the way my grammar is kinda broke, so forgive me :p

10. AddisonIII macrumors regular

By the looks of your screen shot, I would say your battery is doing it's job. 29 % left is still a considerable amount of time remaining.