iPad mini scratches

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by No Regrets, Nov 28, 2012.

1. No Regrets macrumors regular

I was wondering if people were experiencing similar scratch/scuff issues with the new iPad mini like they were with the new iPhone 5?

I haven't experienced any problems with my white iPhone 5 yet and it's been naked other than using a bumper on it. I just ordered the white mini and was wondering what peoples experiences have been.

2. dinggus macrumors 65816

I have not nor has my wife but we don't keep our devices naked.

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Rest assured that if there were any, you'd have already read about it here.

4. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Just noticed 10 minutes ago that I have 1 nick on one corner on the chamfered edge and then on the opposite corner along the Lightning port edge there seems to be some slight chipping... looks like a slice of paint was rubbed off the corner. :(

Nothing on the back, but I bought a skin to cover that. I'm a bit miffed that the edge started falling apart this early in the game. My iPad one had barely a nick after 3 years of usage.

6. athletejmv macrumors member

Is yours the white or black model? Thanks in advance.

7. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

black

8. andytvcams macrumors newbie

Ive just read on the UK Forums of the ipad 4 Glass starting to crack were you would normally hold it with one hand while typing with the other.

Both have taken them back to the Apple dealers who have agreed that nothing has been dropped on them but are refusing to replace the glass as its not covered under warranty.

9. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    This thread is about the mini, not the iPad 4. That said, just how in the heck could any Apple tech know that someone's devise with a cracked screen was NOT dropped?

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

10. Tomory macrumors newbie

My Mini iPad screen stopped working.

I bought my mini iPad not up to weeks, Its working quite fine for some time,I used it and put on my table, taken it back I can click anything from the screen again, its rotating doing all the rest but i can't click anything from the screen again, can some one pls help cos is getting me crazy.
    :mad::mad:

11. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

they should probably take it to an actual apple store not just an authorized dealer...