iPad Mini screen broken

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chits, Oct 30, 2014.

1. chits macrumors newbie

Hi,
    My ipad mini screen broken , would this ebay alternative good to use? Seller has sold 2K+
    http://tinyurl.com/na45z4q

I see it didn't have adhesive, Anyone experince ebay screen with digitzer to fix their broken screen , Please share

Thanks

2. Elmo1938 macrumors member

Elmo1938

are you on warranty? if so, contact apple [or make an appt and go to an apple store

if not, contact apple and get an estimate.

3. chits thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple estimate are very costly

4. asmith406 macrumors member

As cheap as that is its probably complete garbage. Check out Gadget Menders. They have the parts and tools (you'll probably spend about $60) and how to videos. I've had good experiences with their products, they have warranties on their stuff, and customer service is quick to reply to any questions or concerns you have.

5. oaran44 macrumors member

6. gghenry62 macrumors newbie

Just did the same thing two weeks ago. Mine fortunately had apple care. Apple replaced the whole pad and then I drove from the Apple Store directly to Best Buy and bought new survivor cover specially for the iPad. They'll replace it twice and that's it. Crazy thought but if it's a newer mini I wonder if you could call Apple and purchase Apple care now and then get the screen replaced in a week or two. You don't have to purchase Apple care when you buy the iPad just sometime soon after.