All iPads iPad mini screen rotation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mylo130, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Mylo130 macrumors member

Mylo130

Sorry if this has already been discussed...looked but didn't see it. Has anyone else had a problem with the screen orientation freezing in either landscape or portrait?

I've had this issue several times since iOS 7 GM. I've wiped it, clean installed straight from iTunes, clean installed the GM again, and updated to iOS 7.0.2. Each of these changes had several rotation freezes, and the only way to get it working again is to shutdown or reboot the iPad.

My wife's and daughter's iPads don't have the problem. Odd

2. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Haven't noticed this issue with my iPad Mini. Does it happen at random, or can you pin it down to a certain app(s)?

3. BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

Nope. Sometimes, it happened on my iPhone 4 in certain applications, like Skype, but a quick reboot solved that issue.

I've yet to have it happen on my iPad Mini, unless I lock screen orientation and forget later on.

4. gooberwilson macrumors regular

gooberwilson

I've had this problem quite a few times already. Probably just a bug.

5. MandyAW92 macrumors member

Occasionally have this issue if i have been using it for several hours, it isn't too much hassle to switch it off and on again though, so it isn't a major thing for me

6. iAmirul macrumors regular

iAmirul

If by freezing you meant this then yeah i experience it sometimes which is pretty annoying...

My wallpaper and statusbar is "stuck" at horizontal mode while the time display and slide to unlock is at another orientation

Attached Files: