iPad mini iPad mini screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snowboardpunk, Mar 1, 2013.

1. snowboardpunk macrumors regular

Hey guys I just bought an iPad 4. And now I'm deciding whether or not I want the mini. I'm basically Going to replace my laptop.

I have a dslr and just gonna use photoshop to touch up the pics a little bit. And use split screen for notes on one side and a website or like PDF on the other. I was wondering if any of you do this or have trouble doing it on the mini? I want the mini for the portability but kind of need it to function as well. Hence why I initially went with the iPad 4. But the mini is just so portable

2. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

You got to work out which is the most important to you
    1) Screen Real Estate, Go for the iPad 4.
    2) Portability, sacrificing some display, iPad mini.
    Maybe try the iPad 4, return it, then try iPad mini, and work out which you prefer, remember you can always return your device within 14 days of buying it :p
    Sneaky, but just work out which works out best for you. And since you're coming from a laptop, I'd say a full size iPad 4. ;)

3. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

I have a mini and love it but if you are going to be touching up photos and what not I think the screen being bigger, the screen being retina, and the A6X will be more useful to you than than the lightness factor. They are both really nice, just pick your preference.

4. Ladybug macrumors 68000

Ladybug

Love my Mini but for what you plan on using it for the iPad 4 sounds like it might work better for you. Remember, it's not just the screen size. The 4 has twice as much ram. JMHO

5. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

If you want to look for the ipad replacing your laptop, try the following set-up.

iPad + a Bluetooth keyboard. I have the logitech ultra thin keyboard and since getting it, have noticed a decline in using my MacBook.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I wouldn't recommend an iPad mini to replace your laptop to do image work, i.e., photoshop.

I found my 13" MBP too small for photoshop, never mind a 7" tablet. Maybe the retina based iPad perhaps even then I think the laptop is a better option.

7. snowboardpunk thread starter macrumors regular

well i dont do anything intensive. just some touch up here and there. and only worked in lightroom. And i used a 14 in laptop and it was fine. although this is smaller i guess thats why there is a 30 day return window.

i decided on the ipad 4 for now. although it is heavier than expected :(

yeah i plan on getting a keyboard. not sure on the logitech one... 100 dollars is pretty spendy for a keyboard......

8. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Worth it, every penny
    I bought mine used on Amazon

9. snowboardpunk thread starter macrumors regular

what do you like about it compared to cheaper keyboards?

10. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

In my experience, you get what you pay for
    The look and feel of the Logitech is awesome
    The keyboard is extremely well integrated with the magnetic clip
    The angle when the iPad is the slot is very nice and compact

I tried a lot of keyboards in varying price and most of them felt cheap or inadequate
    This keyboard felt and functioned as much like a full keyboard as I could find

11. snowboardpunk thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm ok. Ill have to try it out. and of course the white one cost more than the black one on amazon...