iPad mini iPad Mini Smart Case - Holes Not Lined Up?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dL., Nov 14, 2013.

1. dL. macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

For those who bought the smart cover for the iPad mini retina, can you guys check and see if the back camera and microphone hole is perfectly lined up? Mine seems to be slanted slightly towards the camera (left side).

Essentially, when I lie it at the back flat, theres less gap on the right side of the microphone hole, camera hole than the left side.

Just want to see if that's just the design of the case, or if I got a bad one.

Thanks!

dL

2. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

On mine I think everything lines up perfectly. Nice case, I like it.

3. dL. thread starter macrumors 6502

Can more people confirm?

Easiest to test is the middle rear microphone. My case appears to be off as lots of gap to the left of the mic but little to none to the right side. Now that I look carefully, the camera hole and the headphone jack lines up perfectly. Just the center and top microphone hole.

If you don't mind taking a pic and show me, that would be great!

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

dL

4. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

I couldn't really get a good picture. Using a flash light I can tell that the mic and the speakers are 100% exposed so the alignment is good.

5. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

yea mines off to the left, not big enough a deal to return but yea not super happy for 69.99

6. kalt macrumors regular

Mine is lined up so perfectly it actually amazes me. It's like it's perfectly straight and centered to the nanometer. Exchange it for a new one.

7. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Mine is off slightly around the camera hole but it is very small.