iPad mini iPad Mini Smart Cover Durability

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ghsNick, Nov 3, 2012.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So now that I have my mini I normally (with the regular iPad/Smart Cover) would remove the Smart Cover when I was at home surfing the web while watching the game bc I didn't like holding the flap behind the iPad. Now I like doing the same thing with the Mini because its so small that I don't like the flap behind it. So I notice when I take the Smart Cover off its definitely magnetized on there pretty good and I have to give it a good pull.

Over time is it possible that my magnets lose their strength over time after taking it on and off over and over during time?

And another question...the new connectors isn't metallic, but Poly...does anyone think the poly will stretch/rip over time?

2. tbk3191 macrumors newbie

My biggest problem with the Smart Cover is that I don't like the hinge. When I flip it back behind I think it has too much play without the metal hinge. I also think that over time that flap will stretch out and it will be loose. I returned my Smart Cover and bought an invisible shield to try out until I find a case that I find acceptable.