iPad mini iPad mini smart covers

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by SeeTheLights, Nov 30, 2013.

1. SeeTheLights macrumors member

This may be a stupid question, but the original iPad mini smart covers will work on the iPad mini retina correct?

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

3. kvasir macrumors regular

Meier had the original covers on sale for $23. Works great on my rMini.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah, I had an original which works great on my iPad rMini, then I bought one of the new ones from 2013, and they don't lay flat, and they don't fold back right, causes the magnet to pop off. I returned the new and kept the old.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Weird. Bad batch?

The new one that I picked up with my rMini from an Apple store works fine; lays flat on the front and back, folds up fine, magnet doesn't pop off, etc.

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Several from various stores. They all have issues some users tolerance level is just higher.

7. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

My black one from this year works great! Last year I got a gray one and it kept popping off while using as a stand. The one on the Air works far better though... longer magnet, better hold.

8. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Agree to disagree. Try using a back cover with it and you'll find it a downgrade from last year.

9. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Try using my black Mini Cover on my last year's Mini? I returned my gray cover because I hated it so much last year. This year's version it seems to hold well on my rMini. Maybe they're just coming out in good/bad batches and it has nothing to do with the year it came out...

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Sucks that you've had such bad luck.

Careful on the generalizations though; you could come off as arrogant if you claimed to know that all units have a problem and anyone who doesn't that isn't as discriminating as you. I'm assuming that's not what you meant to convey.