iPad Mini stuck at waiting for iPad (iOS 7.1 Installation)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by shahrezsyed, Mar 7, 2014.

1. shahrezsyed macrumors regular

While updating my iPad Mini to iOS 7.1, it got stuck at the 'waiting for iPad' stage. It's still there. What do I do about this? How do I update?

2. J.Appleseed macrumors regular

J.Appleseed

You wait until the official update is through. Pathetic attempt to troll.

3. btsvchris macrumors member

Do you have a developer account ?

4. shahrezsyed thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I do and it's done now. Contacted support.
    Jeez appleseed calm down!

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I had absolutely no problems upgrading my rMini to 7.1b5. Of course I have a dev account.

6. shahrezsyed thread starter macrumors regular

Just finished upgrading. It took around 10 minutes for it to get out of the 'waiting for iPad' stage for some reason.
    And yes people, I have a developer account, I'm not trolling here. :confused:

7. J.Appleseed macrumors regular

J.Appleseed

iPad Mini stuck at waiting for iPad (iOS 7.1 Installation)

Ah, like so! My aplogies. Of course, "Waiting for iPad" suggests that it would be connected to a computer and not OTA.
    I should've known that, I'm sorry.

There are a lot of people who like to cause confusion and/or anger by spreading false information. I mistakenly thought you were one of them ;-)

8. btsvchris macrumors member

Sorry for the question :p
    There are just far to many people here that complain about these problems without having a developer account (or one without a subscription) :)

9. shahrezsyed thread starter macrumors regular

No problem guys :D
    I COMPLETELY understand!
    Thanks for the prompt replies though!

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

What type of "false info" did You think the OP was spreading since they didn't actually give any info - they just stated what they seen on THEIR iPad. YOUR posts are aggressive, not theirs

11. J.Appleseed macrumors regular

J.Appleseed

He might have wanted to state "I got the iOS 7.1 update and now it says this" to screw with us.
    But he didn't, so I apologized.

Calling me out on my behavior AFTER I apologized is what I call aggressive.

12. SilverGhost macrumors newbie

Clarify for me please. Using Google to begin with, I found some solutions to a couple of IOS issues on this site. I registered with the site, so that I could ask questions or reply to general opinion type questions.

The query about the IOS 7.1 install on a mini iPad caught my eye, as I own the mini.

The response by J. Appleseed was astonishing! I have no developer account. Is there some club that I am missing out on? Am I to expect that sort of arrogance if I ask a simple install question? The apology does not excuse that sort of initial response, IMHO. Perhaps J.Appleseed has some anger issues, or, as I suggested, perhaps this is some sort of exclusive club that non-developers(?) should expect when posting honest questions....

13. J.Appleseed macrumors regular

J.Appleseed

I've clarified in the comment above. Now, you may interpret this situation however you like, I have explained why I responded the way I did and I have also apologized for my language.

Therefore, it's you that's being arrogant, not the other way around. But, since we're at it: yes, if you don't have a developer account you ARE missing out on a club, i.e. Apple/iOS developers. That doesn't mean you're entitled to better or worse support on this forum, though someone without a developer account obviously has some privileges regarding early (beta) released. These are not actually meant for personal use, mind you, their function is to let developers prepare their apps for the upcoming version of an OS. I hope that answers your question.