All iPads iPad Mini : The Macbook Air of iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shahrezsyed, Jan 22, 2013.

1. shahrezsyed macrumors regular

For quite a few days, I've been trying to decide between buying an iPad mini and an iPad 4... I genuinely thought I wanted the mini while keeping my current iPad 3 and was convinced that although the mini is a great device, I can't do without the power the larger iPads provide. But I just got my iPad mini and after setting it up, I cannot think of a single reason to use the iPad 3. I don't play too many games. Usually basic ones like angry birds, etc although I am a hardcore console gamer. And for other apps, I don't need any extra graphics power.
    I have a Macbook Air Mid 2011. I decided to buy one replacing my 2010 Macbook Pro 13" and It feels like the same transition with this iPad mini. I mean I don't need the extra power the MB Pros provide and the same thing applies here.

Many of you will surely be like. OK you prefer one product over the other...BIG WOOP. Get over it. But I just wanted to see what other people think who possibly own or used to own these devices and shifted to their lighter and lesser powerful models.

-Shahrez

2. cnev3 macrumors 6502

The form factor more than makes up for its lack of retina. And i'd say its fair to compare it to the Macbook Air. It's all about the thinner, smaller, more portable form factor. It beckons you to pick it up and use it.

I used to dismiss the mini as an inferior product, until I spent some time with it.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not sure what you want people to say other than what has already been said in the numerous "I love my iPad mini" threads here. Me, I have both the 3 and a mini. Maybe for the first week I had the mini, I was all "Oh, how light! How easy to carry!" and I hardly used my 3. Then I picked up the 3 again, and it was like, "Oh, the text is so much clearer! It's so much easier to hit the touch targets!" I now use them both about equally, with the mini being my "take out on the go" device, and iPad 3 being my prefered device when I'm at home, though I sometimes use the mini for ebooks even when I'm home.