iPad Mini = The ultimate gaming device?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JB26, Oct 23, 2012.

1. JB26 macrumors newbie

So I was sat on the bus today playing FIFA 13 and was in awe at frankly, how great the game is. I played it on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2, and the graphics are phenomenal. It got me thinking about how fantastic the iPad is as a gaming device, but its just a little too big to be considered direct competition to 3DS/Vita. Next thing I know, the ipad mini is here! It just seems as though this would be the perfect handheld gaming experience, and a great size for it. Could this be the mini's big thing?

Your thoughts?

2. brig2221 macrumors 6502

I think the entire iDevice line is shaping up to be the ultimate family of gaming devices. Think about it, they all work seamlessly together, whether you are playing a game on your iPhone 5, iPad 3, or new iPad mini.

That said, the iPad mini will certainly better fit the profile from a size perspective, although I think the iPhone 5 is the best fit when comparing to something like the Vita.

3. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

it could be.

when the retina version comes out.

4. MR1324 macrumors 6502

no, the ipod touch is the ultimate gaming device. the ipad mini is still like holding a game gear

5. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

The iPad Mini is underpowered. Good luck playing the latest games at high FPS's.

6. maccompatible macrumors 6502

It seems like Apple wants their iDevices to be the ultimate everything.

7. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

My iPhone can be the controller for my iPad Mini, and the iPad Mini can be my controller for my iPad 3 :rolleyes:

8. JB26 thread starter macrumors newbie

You see, I prefer playing games that use virtual joysticks on iPad as the iPhone screen (even the 5) just doesn't seem big enough the get full control. Yet the iPad is too big to carry around as a gaming device. The mini could be the answer in between