iPad Mini = The ultimate gaming device?

JB26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Yorkshire
So I was sat on the bus today playing FIFA 13 and was in awe at frankly, how great the game is. I played it on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2, and the graphics are phenomenal. It got me thinking about how fantastic the iPad is as a gaming device, but its just a little too big to be considered direct competition to 3DS/Vita. Next thing I know, the ipad mini is here! It just seems as though this would be the perfect handheld gaming experience, and a great size for it. Could this be the mini's big thing?

Your thoughts?

brig2221

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2010
So I was sat on the bus today playing FIFA 13 and was in awe at frankly, how great the game is. I played it on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2, and the graphics are phenomenal. It got me thinking about how fantastic the iPad is as a gaming device, but its just a little too big to be considered direct competition to 3DS/Vita. Next thing I know, the ipad mini is here! It just seems as though this would be the perfect handheld gaming experience, and a great size for it. Could this be the mini's big thing?

Your thoughts?
I think the entire iDevice line is shaping up to be the ultimate family of gaming devices. Think about it, they all work seamlessly together, whether you are playing a game on your iPhone 5, iPad 3, or new iPad mini.

That said, the iPad mini will certainly better fit the profile from a size perspective, although I think the iPhone 5 is the best fit when comparing to something like the Vita.

Comment

MR1324

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2010
no, the ipod touch is the ultimate gaming device. the ipad mini is still like holding a game gear

Comment

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
My iPhone can be the controller for my iPad Mini, and the iPad Mini can be my controller for my iPad 3 :rolleyes:

Comment

JB26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Yorkshire
You see, I prefer playing games that use virtual joysticks on iPad as the iPhone screen (even the 5) just doesn't seem big enough the get full control. Yet the iPad is too big to carry around as a gaming device. The mini could be the answer in between

Comment