Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Hiya. :)

Yeah I thought pre ordering was the smart way to go after (just out of curiosity as my 4s is still in contract) going to the Trafford centre at about midday on the iPhone 5 launch day and a guy who had been queuing since 6am was only just getting served (at about 12:45pm by this point)! And anyone who had arrived after 6:30 didn't get one.

Will check for the number in the morning. Thanks for the heads up

Arndale was just as bad, I got there at around 3am and we were told all models sold out by 6ish, I did pre order but picked up one for the old man. The iPad Mini will go on sale at the same time but I think they'll have plenty of stock still early morning, iPhone's tend to draw bigger crowds from experience. I have a gift card to use in store so I'll pop along at 7am and see what the script is I suppose, send the mail order one back or no doubt my dad will take it off me!

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck tracking their order via UPS? Not sure what number to use?

I think the tracking number will update sometime today. The reference numbers don't track yet, it should be a 1Z_______________ number according to the UPS site.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
I think my order has been missed. :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351753031.376562.jpg

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Closer look at the Shipment Status shows the ship date at the 27th October (even though the email came only yesterday for dispatch). Like the guys above the tracking number isn't complete and can't be used on UPS's website.

Was hoping for an early arrival but reckon it'll come Friday realistically.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
sigh

have grown tired of waiting for my 4G already. now i want a wifi one.

I knew this would happen.

I don't even really want a wifi one.

RichyB

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
So no chance of it coming today even though it was shipped many days ago? What are they holding them all for delivery until tomorrow then surely we won't all get outs tomorrow.

ItsWelshy

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
sigh

It's only been a few days!

Stay strong, I'm waiting for the 4G one too.

Everyone has different needs, but I'd be unhappy very quickly without Cellular.

----------

So no chance of it coming today even though it was shipped many days ago? What are they holding them all for delivery until tomorrow then surely we won't all get outs tomorrow.

No one will get their orders today, Apple request that tha carrier holds the shipment until a specific date.

----------

In future I'd order cases/accessories seperate as this is known to delay your order! ;)

Correct. Machine and accessories are merged in the UK before the oder goes out together.

This normally slows things by a day.

Gumpdump

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
The shipping date of the 27th is often the date it started moving out of China. There is a way to track it going through customs the lot I did this when I got my MBP earlier this year but I can't find the site I used sorry.

No numbers are currently working for me to be able to track it yet.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
It's only been a few days!

Stay strong, I'm waiting for the 4G one too.

Everyone has different needs, but I'd be unhappy very quickly without Cellular

I know... i've even looked into tethering options despite having wifi-only on my ipad 1 and trying to use a 3 mifi dongle and hating every minute of it :-(

i'll wait. I wish i knew what my exact delivery date was going to be rather than this airy "late november" malarkey. Waiting is easier when you can mark a date on the calendar!

caoimhe

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
sigh

You aren't alone. I think I will settle for whatever is in the shops here tomorrow even though it's not what I really want (wifi, but not arriving for two more weeks).

ItsWelshy

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
I know... i've even looked into tethering options despite having wifi-only on my ipad 1 and trying to use a 3 mifi dongle and hating every minute of it :-(

i'll wait. I wish i knew what my exact delivery date was going to be rather than this airy "late november" malarkey. Waiting is easier when you can mark a date on the calendar!

I'm just planning for it to arrive on the 30th November, anything sooner will be a bonus.

alflavor

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2010
Whittlesey, UK
My white 32gb has been delayed - ordered last Friday about 9:30am and was given eta of 9th Nov.
Just tracked my order and its now saying 15th Nov.
Hope it's here by then!

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
You could always tether it to your iPhone. Looks like EE provides inclusive tethering.

I already tether to my iPhone 5, for my 9.7 iPad, it's incredibly simple to use, and works well. It's one of the reasons I chose wifi on my current iPad and my soon to arrive Mini.

My first iPad was wifi+3G, the additional hassle and cost of the additional data sim when I have unlimited data and tethering allowed on my phone made it a simple choice.

----------

My white 32gb has been delayed - ordered last Friday about 9:30am and was given eta of 9th Nov.
Just tracked my order and its now saying 15th Nov.
Hope it's here by then!

The 9th must have been an error, all white models at 08:00 and seconds last Friday when preorders opened were showing as 2 weeks after launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.