iPad mini iPad Mini used as holdover

Discussion in 'iPad' started by roland.g, May 10, 2013.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I have an iPad 2 which has been taken over by the kids.

And while I have an Air, what I really want is an iPad Mini Retina Cellular.

I need something bigger than my phone but light with access anywhere. My iPad 2 is wifi only.

Would it be worth it to get a used iPad Mini with cellular for $300 or so to use until the iPad Mini w retina arrives (whether that is this fall or early next year)?

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

how much storage? the 16? i have 32 non cell. and i love it. dont mind the regular resolution, i think i actually like it better. i dont have to worry about the processor taxing to much. the camera is great. i only now wish i had the cell version. so i say yes but once the new one comes out try not to be upset. and 300 for a 16 cell is pretty good.

refurbed is 430.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

^^ sorry. Looking at 16gb white Verizon models. While I have an AT&T iPhone, their iPad plans are not as good and neither is their LTE coverage.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Figure a loss of 30% selling yours and decide if its worth it to you.

5. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

the biggest plus is the cell service and gps. and for 300 thats a good price. so i say yes it's a great hold over. you could probably sell it for 300 after the new one comes out anyhow.

6. Syk macrumors 6502a

Where can you find one for $300 with cellular. Yeah I'd get that as a hold over if it was me and wanting a mini

ETA. I agree with the poster above me. I bet you could sell it for $300 even after the new one comes out unless Apple really,really discounts the gen1 when the gen2 is released

7. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I know someone wanting to trade up to the full size iPad with Retina. But now they changed their tune to $375. Not sure I want a used unit for that high.

8. Syk macrumors 6502a

I'd probably pay the $55 difference and get the Apple Refurb since he bumped the price.

It's still money saved though but I'd probably wait unless I had to have it.

I know the temptation is high. I got my mom the base ipad mini for Mothers Day and it taunts me haha.

I want a mini cellular to replace my iPad2.