iPad Mini users... Will you be getting the iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Redskinsfan10, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Redskinsfan10 macrumors member

I really want the i6+ for the 1080p screen, slightly better battery but since I already have an iPad mini I don't see the point.

Anybody else feeling the same way?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I have a mini and will be getting the plus....but most likely going to get the new air next month and sell the mini.

3. Izauze macrumors 6502

I have a mini and will be buying the 4.7"

If I'm using the watch, I have to bring my phone with me even when I'm exercising, and there's no way in hell I'm lugging around a 5.5" phablet in my pocket :p

4. StephenAndrew macrumors member

I'll be getting the iPhone Plus, and may be getting an iPad air...moving up larger on all fronts. My iPad mini retina will either be sold or given to my girlfriend.

5. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I have rMini and considering a 4.7 not because I have rMini but because I bike ride and such.

Nexus 5 with its 5.0" screen and thin bezels was a bit of a struggle and cumbersome. Can't imagine 5.5" with that bezel being any easier. Would be better suited if I used a manpurse or something of the sort, which I do not :D

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Nope. Might not even be getting the 6. I like my 5 and 1st gen mini :) They're not crippled yet.

7. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

Love my rMini but my phone is a phone. Plus is just too big. It's 4.7 for me.

8. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

The Plus and Mini are still different use cases. The Mini is far wider than the Plus and is better for reading for that alone.

I'm contemplating the Plus, and I'm an avid Mini user, but I'm not entirely sure yet. The way I see it is that one is for home (Mini), and one is for away (iPhone).

9. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I'm undecided between the 6 and 6 Plus. I will probably wait to see how the reviews go. If the 6 had OIS and the better battery I wouldn't think too much of the larger screen size. But I do like the thought of 5.5" screen!

10. turbineseaplane, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  11. jlgreer1 macrumors newbie

jlgreer1

I have had my mini for about a year now. I use it daily as I do my iPhone. I intend to get a 4.7 iPhone 6.

What I'm really looking forward to is the iWatch! It looks like Apple has another big hit. I currently have a Polar Loop fitness band. I hate its plastic look. I have always liked to wear a watch. The iWatch looks like something I could wear and not look like I'm wearing a Casio.....

Jeff

12. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

Yes I'll be getting the 5.5" and selling my iPad Mini.

13. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I have always personally thought a 5.5" phone was too big for my needs, so I will be holding onto my Retina iPad mini and purchasing the 4.7" model.

14. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I will also get the 6+ & sell my Mini. My mother & sister will as well. We all have the iPad Air so the Mini was always for away from home use. It's pretty heavy in my purse & I look forward to not lugging it around. The 5s screen is too small for my older eyes for heavy surfing & I think the 5.5" screen will be a good compromise.

15. ohsnaphappy macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

I really need some HELP - like some serious advice:

I use the iPad mini with LTE to run my entire business. Email. Text. Invoices. Ordering. Everything. Every time I leave my house there's some client who needs something NOW and with my iPad mini I have full scale Safari and I can fix anything.

So I sold my iPhone. None of my clients EVER call. My wife has an iPhone 5s when we need phone. Which is almost never. And I use FaceTime Audio to call EVERYONE in my family. It's brilliant. I haven't had a phone in months and I'm fine.

SOOOOOO will the 6 Plus be adequate for me? For example, typing long emails? Full scale Safari? Will it be big enough? I kind of think it will. Plus I get the added perks of a great camera, Apple Pay, Finger Print, and yes the phone element if I need it.

BUT! Here's my concern. Will there be an iPad mini update next month with Apple Pay? Finger print scanner will definitely be there. Definitely. So Apple Pay? What about the possibility of cellular in a new Mini? That would be my dream device.

However, if the new iPad has none of that, and it's just thinner with a finger scanner. Ugh. I will have waited for nothing :( Such a tough call.

I'm thinking of pre-ording the 6+ and returning within the 30 day window if it's too small for me. Because that's my main concern. That it will just be too small for serious work.

16. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

My iPads wont be the deciding factor. I own an iPad 2, iPad rmini, iphone 5 that I'm keeping, and an iMac. What really draws me in besides the specs is that gaming will be a changer.

17. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I think I'm going to get the Plus and wait and see a bit with my rMini. I have a 128 GB LTE model and with Next, the 128 GB Plus will only be $4 more per month than the 64 GB. I may just cancel data on my rMini to offset the cost of the Plus.

18. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I think I'll sell my retina 128 mini and get the mini iPad mini. I'm looking forward to having just one device that I can easily carry in my pocket. I know a ton of people at work who carry the Galaxy 5 in their pocket, and the iPhone plus isn't much different in size.

19. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

I going to do the same. I think the 5.5" is just to big to carry comfortably! And I like the size of my iPad retina. I wish both had equal technology in them. But still it just to big for my needs and hand size. I read they improve the contracts, brightness, etc .... screen quality so the 326ppi looks as good as the 5.5" 401ppi.

20. citivolus macrumors 6502a

IIRC the return window is 14 days, at least in the US...

21. sportello macrumors member

Consolidating. The iPad Mini is really nice, especially for reading books, but I'd rather only manage one portable device.

22. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

Just got a Mini Retina 32GB a couple weeks ago. Love it.

Personally, I'll be keeping the Mini and getting the 6+. Here's why:

1) There's no way I'm doing work on the go with the 6+. Syncing up a bluetooth keyboard to it will look ridiculous. Plus, there's 2.5" more screen space on the iPad Mini.

2) The iPad Mini will still be preferrable when it comes to reading magazines, books, news articles, Netflix etc. No one wants to watch movies on even a 5.5" screen (too small) and reading books on it would still feel weird.

3) Photo editing. I subscribe to Adobe for Lightroom. I'm not editing photos on a 5.5" screen.

4) Battery life. My iPad lasts twice as long as my 5S did. I don't buy that the battery life on the 6+ will be a whole day, especially not with the bigger screen. Most days I get 2 days of usage out of the iPad before it needs to be charged. Can't beat that.

The idea that the iPad Mini is all of a sudden replaced by the 6+ is hilarious. Yes, for some it might be a replacement, but for those who use the iPad Mini in other ways (such as what I laid out above), no phone will replace it.

23. Nee412 macrumors 6502

I have an iPad mini 1st gen. It's my go to internet device. Larger screen full web pages with touch interface that works whilst chilling on the sofa.

The iPhone 6+ will take that functionality and put it in my pocket. It will enhance my daily internet browsing because it'll display more content on the move. I barely use my phone as a phone unless my boss is pestering me or the girlfriend wants to know what's for dinner... The rest of my social life is on Facebook and Snapchat. Which is why the 6+ is the perfect iPhone for me. Screen size over phone usability.

My iPad mini though, well that will be replaced in due time. I was planning on getting an iPad Air 2. However, I may wait and see if Apple eventually comes up with the rumoured 12.9" iPad. Not 100% either way.

24. Redskinsfan10 thread starter macrumors member

12.9" iPad would be nice.

25. Grmnracing macrumors regular

I use an iPad mini for my media consumption. iPhone is great for the on the road media but let's be honest. When I'm home, I almost always use ipad mini. I don't want to use my iPhone battery and be caught without a charged phone. So iPhone 4.7 for me.