iPad mini users: you can ditch it completely having a 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alag28, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

i just left the apple store with my beautiful iphone 6 plus 64gb att and i must admit its HUGE!!! buts its a welcoming huge and im definitely excited.

the biggest point i want to make clear is how much the phone resembles the ipad mini alot. for people that have thought about "asking" this type of question. i hope i answered it. iphone 6 plus is a huge phone, screen real estate wise, and its a great migration IMO!

my final thought - ditch the ipad mini completely as a leisure tool

2. blockburner28 macrumors 6502

blockburner28

You can also ditch your tiny 13'' macbook pro for a 15 also.....

3. SetHutBlue42 macrumors member

Can't wait for the sequel to this thread in three days when you start second-guessing your decision. Keep us posted!

4. joonshin macrumors member

I'm actually going to sell my mini. The air was too big for me and my current iphone 5 was too small to play games so I bought a mini. With the iPhone 6+, no reason for me to use the mini anymore.

5. Sweeperdk macrumors regular

Sweeperdk

Currently an iPhone 5s owner, but having had and loved the size of a Note 3, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that ordering a 6 plus was the correct choice for me.

I agree on ditching the iPad mini... I'm giving mine to my wife... No need for it anymore.

6. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I like the 6+, but im not dumping my iPad mini. Whilst you can be more productive on the bigger phone, it's nowhere near the mini.

7. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Unless you watch a lot of pre-2005 television, where the Mini's aspect ratio will make for a much bigger picture.

8. yegon macrumors 68020

Gonna keep my rMini. I will undoubtedly use it a lot less, but I watch tonnes of video on long breaks at work. I could do this with the 6+ alone, but I like to noodle with my phone while I watch stuff, which'd be impossible if I went phone only.

Can see me getting a full size iPad in a couple of years, when they're ludicrously thin and light. The rMini is certainly the last small tablet I'll buy.

9. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

you just compared apple to apple.

i said ipad (apple) to iphone (orange)

illogical comment

10. icanhazapple macrumors 6502

yep

this is exactly what I did. sold my iPad mini and getting the 6+

11. Glene macrumors 6502

my plan exactly....

12. uchosen macrumors 6502

Yup, it will wear off soon. Can't believe people are comparing the Plus to the Mini. 5.5" screen is not that big.