Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alundra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Hey people, im in a dilemma right now.

I dont know whether I should buy an Ipad 2/mini to work on vocal recording/producing music with Apogee MIC on garageband or wait until the ipad 5 releases.

I really want to wait for the Ipad 5 but the urge to buy the 2/mini is getting stronger and stronger.

BTW does anyone know if i can send the recordings i make on garageband for Ipad to my producer so he can work with it on his pc?

Thanks!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
The resale value is very high on Apple products so I'd personally get one now and if you decided you want the newest when they come out, just sell your current one (I'd get the mini as the 2 will probably have a lesser resale value) and use that towards the new one.

Yes, Garageband allows you to export songs and email them directly from the iPad as an m4a. You can also choose to share them via Facebook, YouTube, Soundcloud or iMovie.

Alundra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Thanks! Maybe i'll get the Ipad mini.

For vocal recording/music production should i get the 32GB version?

Also, black or white?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks! Maybe i'll get the Ipad mini.

For vocal recording/music production should i get the 32GB version?

Also, black or white?

I always suggest at least the 32 since storage can't be added and apps like Garageband are quite big in size. But, if you do a lot of streaming like Netflix and such, 16 would probably be fine. You may just have to manage your apps and media better since space will be limited.

I personally always go with black for iPads as they are much more of a media device for me than iPhones. If you watch a lot of videos, go with black. If you read a lot, you may want to go with white. I suggest going to an Apple store or Best Buy so you can see both of them and decide which one you like better. I almost got a white one but changed my mind after I saw it at the AT&T store.

I also suggest doing things on the store models that you plan to do with yours so it'll give you a better idea of which color to go with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.