All iPads iPad mini vs iPad mini 2 packaging

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rattler, Nov 30, 2013.

1. rattler macrumors member

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I need to know if there is any way to tell the difference between the iPad mini and iPad mini 2 from looking at the box. I know the original iPad mini shipped with the iOS 6 wallpaper on the front of the box and the iPad mini 2 with the iOS 7 wallpaper, but now it appears both minis show iOS 7 on the front? Is there any obvious way to tell without opening it?

2. rkuo macrumors 6502a

There's a label on the back of the box that says what's actually in the box.

3. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

The iPad Mini Retina box will state "Includes: iPad mini with Retina display on the back label".

4. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

If OP is buying a "new" in box iPad mini and is buying from a source that causes him to question which mini is in the box, the best advice is open the box and confirm there is a mini inside the box before money changes hands.

5. a042349 macrumors member

This. If you're really unsure about what's in the box vs. what the seller is telling you is in the box, I'd be more worried about rocks (in a home shrink wrapped box) than a non-retina iPad mini. :mad:

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I wouldn't rely on just the packaging.