All iPads iPad mini vs. iPad question.....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by noupf, Jun 6, 2013.

1. noupf macrumors member

Just picked up an iPad mini for my wife's birthday. She said she prefers the smaller sized mini, but when I was messing around with it at best buy ( closest apple store is 30 min away ) I thought it may not be as crisp of a viewing pleasure as the full size. She's just going to use it to surf the web and use her Barnes and Nobel app. So here my questions....

1). If I buy it from the apple store and she decides that the viewing isn't as crisp and doesnt like it, can can we exchange it for a full size? I thought there was a 90 window in terms of returns or exchanges based on satisfaction? Is that correct?

2). I already bought the mini ( still in original wrapping ) from best buy. Anybody know their return policy in terms of satisfaction / upgrade if my wife isn't happy with the mini. Is it the same as the apple store (assuming question #1 above is relevant ). ?

Sorry to be all over the place..... I'm stuck at work and can't research much till tonight.

Thanks all !!!

2. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

If you bought the mini at a Best Buy, then you have 15 days to return unless you're a silver premium member in which you have 60 days. And you won't be charged a restocking fee.

3. noupf thread starter macrumors member

Restocking fee if its unopened? I thought they did away with restocking fees.....hmmmmm

Guess I should have bought it at the apple store ??

4. wjdav2, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

wjdav2 macrumors newbie

If you buy it from the Apple Store you have 14 days to return it if she doesn't like it. And there is no restocking fee.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Apple store -- no restocking fee, but I believe the return period is 14 days.

6. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

They did do away with the restocking fee at best buy. I've returned things (kindle) there recently so I can say for sure that with electronics if you return within 14 days you won't be charged restocking fee (at least in Massachusetts that's how it works).

7. tazz3 macrumors regular

yes u can bring it back to best and get the full size one i never herad of best buy charging a restocking fee they only do that for gps units

8. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I was misunderstood..

I meant to say, Best Buy WON'T charge you a restocking fee. Sorry for the confusion

9. cynics macrumors G4

If you are comparing and iPad mini to an iPad with Retina then yes, it's not as "crisp" because the full size iPad with Retina has a better screen hence "with retina".

It's the same as the iPad 2's screen but smaller.

Edit: after reading your post again it looks like you may have known this?

Regardless its true its not "as crisp" but I couldn't imagine that being a problem for anyone. It's not like its bad.