iPad mini wi-fi problems

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lobridge, Nov 2, 2012.

1. lobridge macrumors newbie

lobridge

Hello all,

I have been loving my iPad mini, but I have had the wi-fi lock up on me every hour or so of use. It looses it's connection and I have to turn networking off and on again. I have changed several settings on my router and reset networking on the mini but it still has the problem. We have 2 iPod touches, a iPhone 4s, a iPad 2 and a couple of kindle fires that all work fine...

2. Swarm1424 macrumors newbie

If you go into settings>wifi>tap the blue arrow next to your network and scroll to the bottom and select auto. That has worked for me before, it automatically selects the best spectrum whether its 2.4 or 5 ghz. This is just an option I'm suggesting and is by no means a definitive fix for ur problem. Just letting u know what I'd try.

3. 328xi macrumors member

I have a netgear 5g wireless n router and haven't had any connectivity issues. A good trick is to go to settings and select forget this network once you find out which ones are competing with each other. Coming from an iPad 1, I am very impressed with wireless speed of the mini.

4. lobridge thread starter macrumors newbie

lobridge

Thanks for the responses. I spent hours on the phone with Apple tech support and tried everything imaginable and we could not solve the problem. My mini is on the way back to them with it's replacement supposedly shipping in 3-5 business days...