Ipad Mini Wifi Dropping

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hoggis, Jul 2, 2013.

1. hoggis macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 32GB Ipad Mini and am having problems with the wifi dropping out. After contacting apple support and a bit of experimentation it turns out that its a problem with WPA2 encryption.

If i change my router settings to WPA, WEP or Unsecured i dont have a problem. Is anyone else having this problem?
    After making the changes it works fine at home but i have the problem when am anywhere else where i don't control the wifi network.
    Is this a software or Hardware issue? I have a old gen ipad that works fine on WPA2 as well as 2 iphones in the house, so am leaning towards hardware. If i take it to a apple store will they replace it? I don't want to go to the store if they wont replace as it's a 95 mile round trip for me.

2. SusanK macrumors 68000

My iPad mini WiFi is not so great either

My iPad mini has similar issues. It connects to my home network but does not have the range of my BC devices. At public networks the mini does not connect automatically to known networks and drops the connection frequently. I often must walk around the store to get a connection. People are online in area where I cannot get a connection.

This is my second iPad mini. The first one was swapped out in the first 14 days due to connectivity issues as determined by a tech at the Apple Store. That first iPad mini dropped the connection several times during setup at the store. I questioned it and the person at the setup table was abrupt with me telling me the iPad mini could not be setup as a restore from iCloud.

I was very positive that I did not want it if iCloud restore was not a possibility. She was cross with me because the iPad mini dropped the connection frequently!

I would not buy another iPad mini.