iPad mini wifi/Internet issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by leitmotif, Jun 25, 2013.

1. leitmotif macrumors regular

Hello. Lately my iPad mini has been a pain. I bring it to work and it recognizes my work's network an connects but it does not have an Internet connection. My iPhone, co worker's iPad and lap top are all connected to the same network and operate fine. I'm wondering where the issue lies with my iPad?

It does not do this on my home network.

I've "forgotten" the network an reconnected restarted, etc... 2 weeks and no resolve. Any ideas?

Thank you

2. hoggis macrumors newbie

Hi

Am having a similar problem, with the wifi dropping out. Apple support told me to change the Wifi encryption to WPA or WEP as i seems that my ipad mini has a problem when connecting to WPA2 encrypted networks, it could be the same thing, or maybe the network your trying to connect to has run out of available IP address from the DHCP server.

3. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I had this problem with my iPad when I got it in December. I tried changing settings on both of my routers to get the thing to work but it wouldn't connect. I then tried a restore to see if something was wrong software wise and that didn't help. After going through every writeup on the internet. I went into an apple store and exchanged it. They couldn't get it to connect to their wifi so he pulled a brown box replacement and I was out of there in less than 10 mins. I haven't had a problem since exchanging it.